In this video we talk about the power of online content marketing. Having a content marketing strategy is essential to effectively market online. And it all revolves around collecting and using the emails you collect from visitors.
Why Collect Emails?
I've stated several times in my blog that the main purpose of a website is to get leads and the best way you get leads is to have a lead capture page. The reason why this is all important is because online marketing is more like relationship selling instead of conventional sales.
This means that it takes longer to get a buyer to buy:
* 2% of people will buy on their first connection or exposure
* 3% of people will buy on their second connection or exposure
* 5% of people will buy on their third connection or exposure
* 10% of people will buy on their fourth connection or exposure
* 80% of people will buy on their fifth to twelfth connection or exposure; with the average being seven exposures to get a buyer to buy.
That's why it's important to give a potential buyer reasons to open your emails and visit or blog or website... and that's where a content marketing strategy comes into play.
Reasons For Having A Content Marketing Strategy
As I mention in the video, it's important to give value and content to your potential buyers. The reasons are because:
- Helps build trust
- Helps build authority in the marketplace
- Helps build your brand
- Encourages the potential buyer to read your content because it helps solves their problems.
Developing Your Own Content Marketing Strategy
There are several forms of content you can create to help with the process. They include:
- Blog posts. Make the blog posts at least 600 words to help ensure you give enough value for the reader's effort.
- Video. Unless it's a good will video (which are typically 5 to 15 minutes in length) you should try and make most of your content videos 1 to 3 minutes in length. Too long a video and you lose your audience.
- Pod casts. Podcasts are also a great way to give value. Try to make your podcasts from 5 to 20 minutes in length.
- Email. You can also contain value within your emails. While I personally prefer to send my readers ultimately to a blog post or video where I have even more value, you can use emails to effectively deliver value.
Include A Call To Action
Remember every piece of content should have a single purpose in mind. You should be crystal clear of what action you want to the potential buyer to take prior to creating the content.
Then make sure at the end you include that call to action. The call to action should be clear and concise. Try to only use one call to action per piece of content, but you can have as many as three.
I look forward to seeing you on the next video.
Here's To YOUR Prosperity,